Journyx Ideas

Journyx has always helped customers get the most out of their software investment. Do you have ideas for how we can make Timesheet, ProjectXecute, or any of our other products better? Can we offer new services to make your business even more successful? Here’s your direct line to making exciting things happen.

Please explain how your idea will help to solve your business problems or add value to what you do.

Would you like to help us understand how you track and manage your internal job costs? Fill out this quick survey and tell us more about what we can do for you.

My idea for improving Journyx is...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. company calendar for viewing leave and holidays

While basic users in the Journyx system are not allowed to see other users and their data, it would be helpful if there was a leave and holiday calendar view where everyone could see who is scheduled to be off and when for planning future leave. Right now users can see their own leave time. Managers and reporters can see leave time for groups of users. Administrators can see all leave time. This is a request for an option to "publish" a company calendar that allows everyone in the system to see all approved leave time and holidays.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Journyx (f/k/a Timesheet)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Limit allowable Projects / Tasks / Pay Types for leave requests; Export leave calendar to Outlook

I would like to be able to limit leave requests to only allow leave to be requested against specific Projects / Tasks / Pay Types that the administrator assigns to each user. We have had situations where employees who had intended to request & take unpaid leave, requested the time against the wrong Pay Type and were inadvertently paid for time they were out of the office.

In addition, it would be *EXTREMELY* helpful if managers could export the leave calendar to Outlook, or if the system administrator could export the leave calendar as an Outlook data file and distribute…

22 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  Journyx (f/k/a Timesheet)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • User Interface Overhaul - with an eye for more intuitive behavior

The current User Interface (UI) is outdated (relative to current web technologies). In addition, there are many areas that could benefit from behavior improvements. For example, when an approver receives a notification, it should not matter whether they're a backup or a primary when they go into their approvals. It should show all pending approvals (maybe with color coding if you want to differentiate them). As it is, if a backup approver doesn't know they're a backup, they may not think to click the radio button and it will appear that the product isn't working correctly. There are other areas…

20 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          8 comments  ·  Journyx (f/k/a Timesheet)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Some minor UI improvements were included in Journyx v8.9 & 9.0. Significant UI improvements are under way for the next feature release (particularly to the management screens with search results). These improvements are tentatively scheduled for Q3 2014.

• Allow Scheduled reports to be emailed automatically to selected users.

Allow Scheduled reports to be emailed automatically to selected users at defined dates. Management at my company has requested that I provide a specific report and send it to selected users. I would like to have this scheduled report be sent without my having to manually send the report.

18 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Journyx (f/k/a Timesheet)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Leave Requests should have Approval Plans.

Time, Expense and Mileage sheets all have Approval Plans. Leave Requests should also have an Approval Plan. It seems appropriate that Leave Requests would follow the same Approval Plan as Time. Supervisors, Managers and Corporate personal are approving timesheets and project plans for employees already. Journyx can ensure coordination between supervisors, managers and corporate personal happen by using an Approval Plan for Leave Requests.

16 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Enable changing default hours on leave request

When placing a leave request, the default is set to 8.0 hours. Our work hours are 9.0 hours a day.
              When placing a leave request the employees need to change it manually.
              Please enable a way to change the default.

Thank you,
              Leora
              IT administrator
              Pay Pal Israel

13 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Prorated Accruals

If someone begins/ends employment mid pay period we would like the accrual tool to be able to prorate their accrual. Thanks.

11 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Run without save for standard reports

It is often desirable to have a "baseline" report that we can make small tweaks to for a one-time run. Unfortunately there is no way to do that currently.

10 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • salesforce integration

Maybe you should publish a Salesforce compatible version of Journyx in the Salesforce AppExchange: http://appexchange.salesforce.com/home

9 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Popup box and sound for status

There should be a box (dialog, browser or whatever) that goes up on your screen when a timesheet gets approved or rejected, and a sound to get your attention. The sound should be customizable (elephants, ringtone, etc) and you should be able to add pictures and text to the box.

8 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Allow printable timesheets to be batched

We print out the completed and signed off timesheets each pay period as a back-up. If DCAA audits us years down the road, we'd want to ensure we have our time data. Printing out the completed timesheets gives us an extra layer of assurance.

Right now, we have to manually go in each pay period and print the sheets. It would be great if this could just be done automagically at the end of each pay period. Create pdf's of the timesheets and mail them to a specified account.

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Notify project owners via email when user assigned to their project has approved leave

It would be great if project managers (defined by the project owner and backup owner fields) could receive an email notification when a user that is assigned to their project has had their leave requests approved (if the leave will be in a timeframe that would affect the project). So, if User A requests 16 hours of time off for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and they are assigned to two projects during that time, the project managers for those two projects would get an email notification saying that User A has had leave approved for Christmas Eve and Christmas…

7 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Journyx PX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Highlight lines that have errors or violate rules

When users fill in timesheet and some of their project, task and pay types violate rules, it would be great if the system highlights the line(s) which are wrong. For users who use a lot of lines on their timesheet, it will be easier and take less time to investigate.

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • 6 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Support/Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • round scheduled hours to the whole hour for split assignments

When you split up task scheduled work amongst a group of resources evenly and the assignment work ends up having minutes in the amount, round to the nearest whole hour and adjust the final assignment to be the remaining amount. Right now a task with 20 hrs scheduled work assigned to 3 resources give each of them 6.67 hrs. This feature would give the first 2 resources 7 hrs, and the final resource 6 hrs.

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • All project related attributes can only be changed at the project level

all project related attributes can only be changed at the project level (on the project details screen). This makes the assignment handling At the moment there is a difference between adding or reducing assignment hours. Adding hours reduces the total amount of unassigned hours but reducing assigned hours reduces the total amount of estimated hours for the project task. This might be confusing

6 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • The "Daily Load Figure" should be adjusted for work already performed

The Daily Load Figure, shows the cumulative workload of all assignments. This displayed work load is currently calculated based on the number of hours assigned and the start/end date of the assignment. Correcting the displayed work load for the work already performed will display a more realistic image of your actual work load at any point in time.

6 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Allow to customize the weekend days. As we are located in Tel Aviv, Israel, our work week is Sunday - Thursday, while Friday & Saturday are

Allow to customize weekend days (e.g., define weekend to be Fri-Sat as is the case for our office in Israel.

6 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Allow Group membership to be based on other groups, rather than just users.

It would be extremely helpful to be able to assign at a group level (in addition to the user level) for purposes of group membership.

6 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Journyx (f/k/a Timesheet)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Leave requests for consecutive days should be grouped

If a user requests 2 weeks off (consecutive days) in one leave request, the manager should also be able to see one leave request for approval.

In order to maintain the ability to do partial leave requests, perhaps show a "+" next to the group to expand the request and have each day checked by default. Then the manager could remove a check from each day that they *don't* want to approve.

6 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base